With the press release issued by the Council of Higher Education (YÖK) on preventing the new Coronavirus outbreak, the distance education has been started in Sakarya University as of March 23, 2020, in order to prevent interruption of education and unity in practice. In order to prevent the outbreak, the following practices have been implemented by the Institutes at Sakarya University:
* Theoretical courses of all students enrolled in our graduate programs have been started by distance education as of March 23, 2020.
* Announcement regarding the final exam of all of our graduate programs (with thesis / without thesis / distance / doctorate) and the project course of master program without thesis will be made by the Rectorate.
* In the field of specialization and seminar courses, students will send their works such as reports or presentations to their advisors via e-mail
* None of the documents that can be obtained through e-government will be handed over by our Institutes. The documents that cannot be obtained from the e-government will be requested from the institutes by e-mail.
* PhD students who must take the thesis proposal and monitoring examinations within six months at the latest after the PhD proficiency examination will not be considered unsatisfactory if they cannot take these exams. Within six months latest after June 1, 2020, the students may defend the thesis proposal and advisory examinations.
* The examination can be done online upon the request of the students who want to take the Thesis Proposal and Thesis Monitoring Exams within the deadline and with the approval of the advisor. Students who will take the thesis proposal exam must send their report to the thesis monitoring committee via e-mail fifteen days ago, and those who will take the thesis monitoring exam must submit one month before. The advisor will report the date and time of the exams to the relevant institute's electronic mail and ensure that the exam is coordinated. The members of the Thesis Monitoring Committee will make their evaluations and each member will fill the form presented in the attachment and send them to the institute's e-mail addresses. The student should send the thesis monitoring report submitted to the committee members to the e-mail addresses of the institutes after the examination.
DOCTORAL THESIS MONITORING COMMITTEE THESIS PROPOSAL EVALUATION FORM DOCTORAL THESIS MONITOR EXAM MINUTES
* Doctoral Proficiency / Master Thesis Defense and Doctoral Thesis Defense exams will be held after June 1, 2020.
* The deadline for the thesis graduate students whose legal terms will expire as of the Spring Semester is determined as 01 June - 14 August 2020. Students with legal duration can submit their thesis as of June 1, 2020.
* Laboratory entries of graduate students were stopped. Only academic and administrative staffs are allowed to enter the laboratories for essential studies.